When you come to the salon and have your hair coloured inevitably after time your colour will fade. To keep your hair colour lasting for longer we have a few ideas which will help keep that colour looking great for longer.
Hair Needs Moisture
Colouring hair demands using chemicals which can strip the hair of all its moisture, this can lead to frizzy hair without the right treatment. Even though today’s hair colours have become less destructive to hair cuticles, using additional hair products like sprays can strip the hair of moisture. When hair is stripped of its natural moisture this will increase the rate that your colour fades and looks dull.
What can I do to moisturise my hair?
Using a good shampoo, conditioner and deep conditioner like a mask will really help the longevity of your hair colour. Such products will give your hair all the moisture and protection it needs. Ideally use products which are specific to treating dry hair.
Here are a few products which suit a moisture regime.
1. label.m Organic Moisturising Lemongrass Shampoo 200ml
2. label.m Organic Moisturising Lemongrass Conditioner 200ml
3. Moroccanoil Intense Hydrating Mask 250ml
Besides using hair care products to extend your hairs colour you can also try these handy tips.
1. After you have had your colour done, don’t wash your hair for 48 hours. Not washing your hair will allow time for the colour treatment to really penetrate the hair. This will give your hair a more vivid colour whilst boosting longevity of the colour.
2. Don’t shampoo every day. The more you wash your hair the more natural oils will be lost as well as your colour.
3. Don’t use harsh hair care products which contain sulphates. Most colour boosting shampoos, conditioner wont contain sulphates.
4. Using a colour boosting shampoo and conditioner is a great way to prolong the life of your colour. How these product work is that they deposit colour into the hair. You can find our range of colour booster here
5. Always keep the water warm when washing your hair. Hot water will strip the colour out.
6. Make sure you have the right intake of vitamins from a health balanced diet read this article for more information